Information We Collect
You may provide us with information by phone or e-mail or via our website. The personal data that we will ask you for are your name and contact details. It may be helpful to some accommodations to know the gender of the clients who will be staying with them, for example if they provide dormitory accommodation. You may choose not to specify your gender.
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our website including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes:
- evaluating how you use our website
- recording whether you have viewed specific messages we display on our website
- recording your answers to surveys, and questionnaires listed on our website
- recording the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example when you register for information or make a purchase / booking.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data that does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies option.
We use Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
Use of Your Information
EasyWays uses the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may contact you for the following reasons if you have consented to receive such information:
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services, goods and / or products.
To fulfill your booking, we may exchange information with third parties such as accommodations, taxi companies, travel agents. We will only pass on the information that is required to provide the service you have requested. These third parties will not use your information for any other purpose.
Storing Your Personal Data
We use a third party, Mailchimp, to send out our Client Newsletter to those who have signed up to our subscription. Mailchimp is located in the USA and in order to manage the EasyWays service their systems will contain limited client contact information.
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely. Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasions such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically therefore sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
We will only store your information on our systems for as long as it is necessary to fulfill your booking, to provide you with information that you have requested and comply with HMRC legislation.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business, the buyer would then control the information in our systems.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 you are entitled to ask us to view, amend or delete any information that we hold about you within our systems.
Want to book an Easy Ways walk?
If so, please fill out our enquiry form.
If you have any extra questions, feel free to contact us, we’d love to hear from you.